- Duration 6 Days
- Altitute 3650M
- Stay Rooms/Tents
- Difficulty Moderate+
You will start your drive from Dehradun airport/Haridwar/Rishikesh to reach Jayalgarh by late afternoon. You will, for most part of the journey drive along the Ganga river. En route you will be crossing the holy towns of Rishikesh & Dev Prayag . Jayalgarh is a beautiful situated camp with cottage tents, each having attached toilets/showers. The camp is set on the banks of river Alaknanda and has open views of a few villages set scenically in the nearby mountains. One can go for a small walk by the river, if wish too. Overnight at Jayalgarh
Today post breakfast you will be driven to Dhak, the starting point of your trek which is marked with a few shops. From Dhak we start trekking towards Gulling. The trek starts through village fields on a prominent trail & goes past few Himalayan villages, letting you capture some up close views of day to day life of the inhabitants. The trail winds up on top of the villages & sets you into the wilderness of the forest, finally taking you to the camp at Gulling. Overnight at Gulling
Today we go through a series of ascents on meadows which keep on getting better as we move up. The trail will take us to Khulara, where we will camp for the night. On reaching Khulara, one can rest or go for exploration hike of 2-3 hrs further. Overnight stay at Khulara.
Today from Khulara the trail continues to climb initially and becomes gradual as it proceeds towards Kuari pass. The mountain air is crisp and the views brilliant! You are sure to catch a shepherd with the sheep and the dog. Do spend some time with them. The views are going to be great throughout so we keep our cameras handy. Today you will witness many big and renowned Himalayan peaks like Chaukhamba, Neelkanth, Haathi-Ghodi, Kamet, Mana, Dronagiri, Nanda Devi Devi etc. Spend some time here & then continue walking towards Taali. Enroute we will cross Chitrakantha meadows & from there Dronagiri is very prominent. You will be surrounded by dense forest of rhododendrons, oaks, pines. We will reach Taali towards late evening where we will enjoy awaited hot cup of tea. Overnight at Taali
After breakfast we set on the trail that traverses gradually from Taali to Tugasi. On your way back you will witness the last of Himalayan panorama of underlying valleys, gigantic Himalayas & beautiful villages. From Tugasi, we descend down to the road head boarding our awaiting vehicle which takes us to our River Side Camp, Jayalgarh. Check into the campsite by the Alaknanda river& unwind. Overnight at Jayalgarh
After breakfast drive down to Haridwar. Trip ends here.
ABOUT THE TREK
This trip to the Garhwal region in the state of Uttarakhand also called Dev Bhoomi or land of the gods takes you on a remote trail discovered by an English lord many years ago. This trail has been named after him and is referred to as the Lord Curzon trail. It offers the most stunning views of some of the famous Himalayan peaks. This trail is internationally popular as Lord Curzon’s Trail (named after the Indian Viceroy, Lord Curzon, who undertook this trek during his stay in India). The main attraction of this section of the trek is the majestic views of the peaks of Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba, Hathi-Ghodi, Kamet, Dronagiri, etc. The beauty of the region is best described by the famous explorer Eric Shipton, who said, "A vision of such beauty is worth a world of striving."
For mountain lovers this trail offers king size views of Himalayas and an opportunity to be transported into inner Himalayan region in a very short duration. This is a spectacular trek where you will, for most of the times be walking on endless meadows, with big and small mountains jutting out. There are beautiful forest sections, magnificent campsites, and sunrise & sunsets to die for, in addition to many more enjoyable facets of the Himalayas which make trekking a worthwhile activity.
Day 01: Haridwar/rishikesh - Jayalgarh (550m) (Drive/90 Kms/ 3.5hrs)
Day 02: Jayalgarh - Dhak/tugasi (2300m) - Gulling (2800m) (Drive/20 Kms & Trek/4 - 4.5hrs)
Day 03: Gulling (2800m) - Khulara (3200m) (Trek/3 – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 04: Khulara (3200m) - Kuari Pass Meadows (3650m) - Taali (3200m) (Trek/ 6-7 Hrs)
Day 05: Taali (3200m) - Dhak/tugasi (2300m) - Jayalgarh (Trek/ 3 Hrs & Drive/170 Kms/ 5 – 5.5 Hrs)
Day 06: Jayalgarh (550m) - Haridwar/rishikesh (Drive/90 Kms/ 3 - 3.5hrs)
After breakfast drive down to Haridwar. Trip ends here.
- Accommodation: On double sharing basis. In case of odd numbers, the person will share the base hotel/guesthouse/lodge on triple sharing
- Day 01: Deluxe tents with attached washroom in Jayalgarh
- Day 02: Alpine tents in Gulling
- Day 03: Alpine tents in Khulara
- Day 04: Alpine tents in Taali
- Day 05: Deluxe tents with attached washroom in Jayalgarh
- Meals: We provide simple, hygienic veg meals on all days of the trek
- Day 1: Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Dinner
- Day 3: Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4: Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Dinner
- Day 5: Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Dinner
- Day 6: Breakfast
- Good Quality Camping Arrangements. The following equipment is provided on the trek
- Good quality of alpine tents
- Fresh & clean Sleeping bags
- Comfortable camping mattresses
- Camping stools
- Mess Tent
- 2 Toilet tents having portable toilet seat (1 for ladies & 1 for gents)
- Professional guide(s) to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek. All our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
- Porter / Mule charges for carrying camping equipment & rations
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee for Indian guest only
- Basic first aid for the group
- Transport of any nature
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag (can be arranged on extra cost of Rs. 1250 per person per bag of 10 kgs)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- GST 5%
Rs. 12,500Departure Dates
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as an Approved Adventure Tour Operator