- Duration 6 Days
- Altitute 3800m
- Stay Rooms/Tents
- Difficulty Moderate+
Experience the beauty of Kedarkantha the most sought after snow trekking destination. The beauty of this trek is unsurpassed with views that are completely blissful to witness. This trek also offers an opportunity to experience the remote villages of Garhwal Himalayas and gain insight into their lifestyle and culture. The trip begins with a beautiful drive from Dehradun to the remote village of Sankri. This valley plays host to some of the most popular and enchanting treks in the Indian Himalayas like Har-ki-Dun, Ruinsara Tal, Rupin Pass, Black peak etc.
The trek starts with a gradual climb to the base camp (2800m).
Indulge in an array of adventure activities like tree jummering, valley traverse, snow tubing and skiing here. Immerse yourself in the natural bounties surrounding you. The wait is over, from the base camp the next day we trek to Kedarkantha summit. The trail is difficult because you have to walk on the snow. However, the joy of walking on snow is inexplicable. At the summit, you will be rewarded with awe-inspiring views of Yumnotri and Gangotri ranges and also of Kinner Kailash range and other ranges in Himachal. The next day we leave for Sankri via beautiful water pond called Juda-ka-Talab, we continue our trail to Sankri and camp here for the night.
The next day, depart from Sankri taking perpetual memories along with you.
From Dehradun we will drive to Sankri via Mussorrie. We will stop for lunch en route. This is an enjoyable drive initially along the Yamuna and towards the latter part along the beautiful Tons River. There are very beautiful pine forest sections along the drive today. Upon reaching Sankri we will check into the scenically located campsite. Sankri is paradise on earth and we will take an evening stroll in this beautiful hamlet to get our muscles charged for the trek to come. Overnight stay in tents.
After a leisurely breakfast we will drive to Shidri Village. After arriving here we start our trek to the base camp. Today’s hike is a gradual uphill with few flat sections. Witness mesmerising views of Rupin & Supin Valley as you begin this trek. The trail weaves through farms and houses of the local villages. After a steep climb we walk through alpine meadows surrounded by rich forest of Oak and Rhododendron finally arriving at the base camp. Overnight stay in tents.
Prepare yourself for an enthralling experience as we indulge in exciting rope activities today. Participate in tree jummering, valley traverse, snow tubing and skiing.
The distance to the summit is not long but is reasonably steep and walking on snow makes it more tiring and time consuming. We will, depending upon the snow conditions select the best route leading to the summit. We will start quite early about 2 am in the morning. It will take anywhere between 7 to 8 hours to get to summit. Marvel at the astounding views from the summit. You get to see all the mountains of the Yumnotri and Gangotri range and also of Kinner Kailash range and other ranges in Himachal. Also there are some great views of the underlying valleys. After spending sometime at the summit we will start descending and walk all the way down to base camp. You are sure to come back exhilarated. Overnight stay in tents
In the morning we will indulge in skiing to exhilarate your senses. Immerse in the beauties of the glittering slopes as you ski your way through vast expanse of snow. Post lunch, start descending to Sankri. Via Juda – Ka Talab which is a small lake/pond. This pond freezes into solid ice during winters. We continue on the trail and the views get really exciting as we start to get a glimpse of the tips of the snow capped peaks of the Himalayas, finally arriving at Sankri for the night. Overnight stay in tents.
After breakfast board the vehicles and start driving back towards Dehradun. Arrive in Dehradun by around late afternoon. Our trip ends here.
- Professional guide(s) to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek. All our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
Good Quality of Camping Arrangements.
- Good quality of alpine tents
- Fresh and clean Sleeping bags of very good quality
- Comfortable camping mattresses
- Mess Tent
- There will be 2 toilet tents [separate for gents and ladies] having portable toilet seats
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Porter / Mule charges for carrying camping equipment & rations
- Forest entry charges, permits & Camping fee
- Basic first aid for the group
- Transport of any nature (to include transport click on the transport box above)
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- GST 5%
Rs. 8,700Departure Dates
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as an Approved Adventure Tour Operator