- Duration 5 Days
- Altitute 4200m
- Stay Rooms/Tents
- Difficulty Moderate
Sar Pass Trek
For eager trek enthusiasts, for beginners, for rugged trekkers, or especially for those who want it all in a trek: from dense forests to meadows to quaint villages in the dramatic background of mountains wrapped in a flurry of snow: the Canvas of Sar Pass has it all!
To the perfect start of this trek, get a flavour of the free spirited gypsy culture in Kasol! It gets a heady mix of travellers from all around the globe, travel footloose and explore the myriad shades of Kasol.
Read on to discover the itinerary further.
Day 01: Kasol (1700m) - Grahan village (2350m) (Trek / 4 - 5 hours )
Day 02: Grahan (2330m) - Min Thach (3400m) (Trek / 4 - 5 hours)
Day 03: Min Thach (3400m) - Nagaru (3750m) (Trek / 4 - 6 hours)
Day 04: Nagaru (3750m) - Sar Pass (4200m) - Biskeri Thach (3350m) (Trek / 6 - 8 hours)
Day 05: Biskeri Thach (3350m) - Barsheni Kasol (2400m) (Trek / 4 - 5 hours) (Drive 45 mins to 1 hour)
Today we will trek for 4 to 5 hours, covering a distance of 10 Km at an altitude of 1700 m to 2350m. We gather at the mesmerising crossroads of Kasol at around 8 in the morning. We head for a climb to Grahan village through a beautiful forest. It is prominent trail, frequently used by the natives. The gradient is gentle and easy to go about.
Today we will trek for 4 to 5 hours, covering a distance of 7kms at an altitude of 2350 to 3400 mts Post breakfast we start the trek form Grahan towards north. It's a gentle trail, frequently used by villagers. This dense forest trail goes all the way to Min Thach. After trekking for a couple of hours we find ourselves in Min Thach. “Thach“ means meadow in the local language; much like ‘Kanda’ or ‘Bughyal;’ it is where the villagers bring their cattle to graze. From here, one can cast a glance upon a stretch Chanderkhani and other ranges. Overnight in camps.
Today we will trek for 4 to 6 hours, covering 8 kms at an altitude of 3400 to 3800 mts We start early post breakfast from Min Thach to Nagaru. The first leg of today's trek can be a little adventurous and tricky in case of snow. In the second leg of the trek, we reach a welcoming hill top. this is the Nagaru campsite. One can see magnificent mountains rising steeply across the Parvati valley – with the town of Manikaran also visible. across the horizon, towards north east lies Chanderkhani and the ranges of the Beas valley. Down below, to the left, one can spot the campsite of Min Thach and the village of Grahan.
Today we will trek for 6 to 8 hours, covering a distance .of 14 kms at an altitude of 3800 - 4200 mts We start early and the let the sun rise catch up with us. We follow the ridge line in southward direction. It is steep in some sections. Climbing up, we keep the pace slow and steady. After climbing for a couple of hours we reach Sar Pass. Towards your east you'll be able to see the loftly peaks of Tosh valley. A blanket of snow surrounds us and we head for overnight camping. While descending you will can slide through some sections, followed by enchnating walks on other sections. We reach the campsite of Biskeri Thach. Biskeri Thach is surrounded by pine forest, mighty mountains and meadows. Nearby is a waterfall that comes down from the mountains that form a backdrop behind Biskeri. Overnight in tents.
We will trek for 4 to 5 hours, covering a distance of 10 kms at an altitude of 3350- 2400m. We descent from Biskeri Thach, taking the dense forest trail. The forest opens up when we reach Pulga. The descent is steep in some patches and rocky in others. It is surrounded by enchanting grassland and dry channels of woods. Divided by a stream, we cross the village Pulga to reach its twin brother Tulga. Moving further we reach Bursheni, the last village in the Parvati valley. We reach Kasol from where one can easily opt for a bus or taxi ride. Trip ends here.
Accommodation on sharing basis as per the package taken
- Day 1: Overnight in Tents (Grahan village)
- Day 2: Overnight in Tents (Min Thach)
- Day 3: Overnight in Tents (Nagaru)
- Day 4: Overnight in Tents (Biskeri Thach )
Good Quality Of Camping Arrangements
- Good quality of alpine tents
- Fresh and clean Sleeping bags of very good quality
- Comfortable camping mattresses
- Mess Tent
- There will be 2 toilet tents (Separate for Gents and Ladies) having portable toilet seats
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Day 1: Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 3: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 5: Breakfast, Lunch
- Professional guide(s) to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek. All our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
- Porter / Mule charges for carrying camping equipment & rations
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee
- First aid kit
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any hotel stay in Kasol
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- 5% GST
Rs. 10,700Departure Dates
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as an Approved Adventure Tour Operator