- Duration 2 Days
- Altitute 2100m
- Stay Tents
- Difficulty Moderate
Himalayan Eco Lodges (H.E.L) riverside luxury camp at Jayalgarh is surely the finest riverside camp in the country and a great base to raft from on Alaknanda, Upper Alaknanda & Ganga. The campsite has a spectacular setting and high end facilities to compliment it. Interesting fact about the campsite is that it is so uniquely placed that from here one can easily raft on 5 rivers namely Alaknanda, Ganga, Bhagirath, Pinder & Mandakini.
Also the fact that the camp has the big Alaknanda river at the front and a fresh water stream on the right side makes it quite unique This deluxe campsite on the banks of Alaknanda river is blessed with an interesting character. There are lots of trees all around and a fresh water stream playing home to a variety of birds, beautiful fields and an odd village home close by and the river creating audio signals very soothing to the ears. There is a sand beach ideal for keeping children occupied for hours.
Morning/early afternoon check into the camp & relax in the beautiful environs. Post lunch we will drive up to Srikot/Srinagar and after a briefing on rafting techniques by the instructors we will raft down till the camp. This is a 15 kms long stretch and has class II+ rapids. This is great for beginners. Also it is a good warm up run for people doing the more exciting rafting run the next day. En route we will halt at Maletha beach surely one of the finest sandy beaches and indulge in host of water activities like Duckie rides(Kayaking on inflatable boats), river swimming under watchful eyes of the instructors, body surfing, cliff jumping & cataraft rides. After enjoying the water activities we raft down till the camp which is just a couple of kms from here. Evening you can either laze around and soak in the natural beauty or continue with your tryst with adventure and enjoy other activities like the high element rope course. Late evening enjoy bonfire & dinner. One can also opt for doing a personal barbeque for one’s own family/group of friends.
Today after breakfast you will raft for about 25 kms from the camp till Devprayag. This section has class II – III rapids and goes through a nice gorge section with plenty of opportunities for swimming & surfing. We will raft through the confluence of river Bhagirathi & Alaknanda which meet at Devprayag to make the holy Ganga. We finish our trip slightly ahead of the confluence and change into fresh clothes (changing tents will be put up). We will have packed lunch here and one can continue with one’s onwards journey. Trip ends here.
- Accommodation: In Deluxe luxury tents on twin-sharing basis for 1 night
- Food: Veg/Non-Veg meals. All meals beginning with lunch on Day 1 to lunch on the day 2. Lunch is vegetarian and dinner would have a non-vegetarian dish.
- Morning & evening Tea/Coffee & cookies/snacks to be served.
- 2 big rafting stretches as mentioned in the itinerary
- River activities at Maletha beach (cliff jumping, body surfing & swimming & duckie rides)
- Experienced instructors, safety kayakers & state-of-the-art equipment to ensure maximum safety
- Bonfire in the nights
- Transport of any kind (can be arranged at extra cost by us )
- Liquor, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, etc.
- Any services / meals not mentioned above
- Personal barbeque
- 5% GST
Rs. 4,200Departure Dates
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as an Approved Adventure Tour Operator