- Duration 9 Days
- Altitute 3500m
- Stay Rooms
- Difficulty Moderate
This exciting overland trip has it all. On this voyage you traverse through some of the most bizarre and surrealistic landscape, travelling at an average altitude of more than 3,500m. This one is surely one of the highest road trips that one can take on planet Earth. You will visit regions which till recently were cut off for tourists, and are steeped in rich culture and history. Also it offers a great opportunity to interact with the beautiful people of this land. Ladakh has such a distinct character of its own, that it hits one very hard with its stark beauty. Every day our preconceived ideas of mountain beauty are challenged by the wonderful landscapes of this arid cold desert region in the high Himalayas. Ladakh with its snow-capped mountains, deep gorges, alluvial fans and ancient monasteries is a mystical land and offers one great pleasures while driving through its landscapes.
This Mother of all Road trips starts from the beautiful hill town of Manali where you spend a night. This journey involves traversing through the Greater Himalayas and crossing a number of high passes beginning with the Rohtang pass (3,978 m). From Manali you pass through Keylong, headquarters of the Lahaul area, to reach Jispa. From Jispa you drive to Sarchu via the Baralacha Pass (4883 m) over the Zingzingbar plains. From here one can view the Mulkila and Barashigra peaks. In the next stage you drive through the Lachlung La (5065m) and Tanglang La (5306 m) passes and from there descend to the beautiful Indus valley to reach Leh.
The last leg of this road trip would involve exploring the Nubra valley and driving to the spectacular PangongTso (lake). Nubra is an incredible valley which till recently was completely cut off for travellers. It is a Buddhist region north of Leh across the 5602m Khardung La Pass, the highest motorable pass in the world, and the route to the highest battlefield in the world, the Siachen Glacier. This valley also known as the valley of flowers was on the former trade route between Tibet and Turkistan. We finish this exciting voyage with a road trip to the high altitude lake at PangongTso. This lake and the surroundings are surely going to leave you spell bound with its beauty. The trip finishes on the next day at Leh and one can either take a flight for Delhi or a shared cab for Manali. Also one can extend the trip by a few days if required.
Day 1: Manali (2050m)
Day 2: Manali (2050m) Jispa (3200m)Drive 135 Kms / 4 - 5 hrs
Day 3: Jispa (3200m) Sarchu (4290m) - Leh (3500m)Drive 310 kms / 10 - 11 hrs
Day 4: Leh Local Sightseeing
Day 5: Leh (3500m) - Khardung La (5602m) - Nubra Valley (3048m) Drive 125 kms / 4 - 5 hrs
Day 6: Nubra Valley (3048m) Khardung La (5602m) Leh (3500m)Drive 125 kms / 4 - 5 hrs
Day 7: Leh (3500m) Chang La (5320m) PangongTso (4249m)Drive 115 kms / 4 - 5 hrs
Day 8: PangongTso (4249m) - Chang La (5320m) Leh (3500m), Drive 115 kms / 4 - 5 hrs
Day 9: Fly out
- Arrive in Manali& check into the guesthouses/deluxe camps.
- Rest and acclimatization.
- In the afternoon explore manali town.
- Overnight at the guesthouses/deluxe camps.
- Today we drive through legendry Manali- Leh highway
- Enroute, cross the famous Rohtang Pass (3980m)
- Witness the excellent views of the PirPanjal Range
- We will descend to the Chandra River and drive to Jispa
- Overnight in a guesthouses/deluxe camps.
- Drive today to Leh via Sarchu
- Enroute drive through Baralacha La (4892m), Lachlung La (5065m) and Tanglang La (5360m)
- Halt for a while at Pang to enjoy traditional Ladakh butter tea
- Also enjoy the captivating drive through the More Plains
- Afternoon/evening, arrive at Leh& check into the hotel / guesthouse.
- Overnight stay at the guesthouses/deluxe camps.
- Today is the day of exploration
- Post breakfast indulge in sightseeing of Shey, Thiksey&HemisGompa
- In the evening explore the local market and indulge in shopping.
- Overnight at the guesthouses/deluxe camps.
- Today we drive via Khardung La (5602m), the highest motorable pass in the world
- Enroute we stop at village of Diskit and visit the local monastery.
- Drive ahead & witness the rare sight of the sand dunes
- Overnight in fixed camp / guesthouse at Nubra Valley
- Today we will drive back to Leh via Khardung La
- Arrive in Leh& relax
- In the evening, explore the local markets
- Overnight stay at the hotel / guesthouses/deluxe camps.
- Today, embark on a journey to the mesmerizing high altitude lake of PangongTso
- Drive through the fourth highest motorable pass in the world, Chang La (5320m)
- On arrival, sink in the beauty of the crystal clear water & the stark beauty of the mountains
- Overnight stay at deluxe tents.
- Today we will drive back to Leh via Chang La
- Arrive at Leh& check into the hotel
- Evening at leisure
- Overnight stay at the hotel / guesthouses / deluxe camps.
- Post breakfast, depart for onward destinations
- Trip ends here
- Transport by a comfortable Mahindra Xylo/ Mahindra Scorpio/ Tempo Traveler
- Accommodation in neat and clean good quality hotels and deluxe camps at all locations. Hotel will be provided as per your tour plan Upgraded/Standard.
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner on all days starting with dinner on day 1 till breakfast on the day 11. Your meals will be at the hotel as per your tour plan deluxe/ standard.
- All permits and permissions for the trip
- First aid kit (our team is experienced in handling first aid situations)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any entry fees for the monuments, monasteries etc
- Any costs rising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Service Tax
Rs. 28,000Departure Dates
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as an Approved Adventure Tour Operator