- Duration 5 days
- Stay Rooms/Tents
- Difficulty Moderate
Sandakphu Trek is categorized in easy to moderate type of treks in Nepal & West Bengal region which offers some unmatched views of the Himalayas, with a clear view of Everest and Kanchenjunga. The hilly trails are quite approachable and add up a lot more attraction for Trek enthusiasts heading for short treks which can be easily accessible and yet beautiful.
Trekking at Sandakphu is quite tiring but has a mystical charm. Situated at an altitude of 3636m is one of the highest peaks of West Bengal. It is situated at the edge of the Singalila National Park on the West Bengal - Sikkim border and is the highest point of the Singalila Ridge. The Singalila Ridge is considered to be the best spot to view the Kanchenjunga Peak also known as the Sleeping Buddha.
Trek to Sandakphu is a mountain trail that cuts through forests alpine meadows and small villages that reach the vantage point to give a clear, breath-taking view of the Himalayas.
First leg of the trek will take you to Tumling from Manibhanjan from where the trek commences. Trail here is a gentle climb and a mix of meadows & forests. Fun fact Tumling falls in Nepal. The next day trek to Kalephokhri begins which is a flattish walk offering surreal views of alpine meadows and Himalayan Mountains. Trail to Sandakphu is a difficult one with the climb being completely uphill. After reaching Sandakphu you will witness magnificent views of Nepal & Sikkim and Mount Everest & Kanchenjunga peaks which seem an arms length away. From Sanadakphu,trek to Timrue begins. The trail on this day is completely downhill through a forested region. The next day we trek to Rimbik, from Rimbik we drive back to Darjeeling.
Day 01: Darjeeling - Manibhanjan - Tumling (Drive / 1hr) (Trek / 5 - 6 hrs)
Day 02: Tumling - Kalepokhri (Trek / 5 6 hrs)
Day 03: Kalepokhri Sandakphu (Trek / 4 -5 hrs)
Day 04: Sandakphu - Gurdum -Timure (Trek/ 6-7 hrs)
Day 05: Timure Rimbik - Darjeeling. (Trek / 2 3 hrs) (Drive 3 - 4 hrs)
- Today, you will drive from Darjeeling to Manibhanjan.
- Manibhanjan is the starting point of the trek.
- Trek to Tumling begins.
- After trekking uphill for about 3 kms you will reach Devrali.
- Trail from Manibhanjan till Devrali weaves through forest of Rhododendron & Oak trees.
- There are few small tea stalls in Devrali where you can relax.
- From Devrali the climb is gentle till Tumling.
- Trail from here is a mix of meadows & forest.
- Overnight in a trekker hut
- Post breakfast we head to Kalepokhri
- It is going to be a flattish walk and the gradient is easy.
- The trail is a mix of forest and meadows.
- Views along the trail are breathtaking with meadows and mountains.
- Overnight stay in a trekker hut.
- Today you will climb Sandakphu.
- The gradient is difficult and a completely uphill walk.
- Trail is a mix of forest and meadows. You will be cutting though forest of Oak and Rhododendron and get to see many Himalayan birds.
- Sandakphu is the vantage point from where you will witness magnificent views of Nepal & Sikkim.
- Also, awe- inspiring views of Mount Everest & Kanchenjunga peaks.
- Overnight in Trekker hut.
- The trail today is a downhill one to Timrue
- Entire trail is forested, a nature lovers dream.
- Overnight in Trekkers hut.
- Today the trail is almost flattish from Timrue to Rimbik.
- The trekking trail weaves through mix forest of Oak & Rhododendron.
- After arriving at Rimbik , you drive to Darjeeling.
- A vehicle will be waiting for you at the road head of Rimbik.
- Trip ends here.
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as an Approved Adventure Tour Operator