- Duration 06 days
- Altitute 3022m
- Stay Rooms/Tents
- Difficulty Moderate
A great trip for outdoor initiation for children above 8 years, this truly epitomises a family active vacation. Experts in the field of nature and rafting travel with us on this trip so that you have ample time to learn from their experience. They have all worked closely with children and ensure that the trip is fun-filled and educative at the same time. We leave it up to you on how active you want to get. Back up ponies and vehicles are provided for those who do not want to climb.
The initial part of the adventure trip takes you to the beautiful Yamuna valley at our deluxe lodge in Viraatkhai. Out here, you indulge in the exciting sports of Rappelling and Valley crossing. You would have an expert instructor who would take you through all aspects in a safe manner. The next day is for a short hike to Chaurani, witnessing amazing views and a fun filled lunch. Trek to Tiger falls is filled with cultural enlightenment and excitement to see the famous tiger falls. Next leg of the adventure involves trekking to the Nag Tibba. Firstly, we head to Kathyan which is the Nag Tibba base. After arriving, we camp here amidst the surreal surrounding with exquisite views and undulating meadows. The next day one touches an altitude as high as 3048m at Nagtibba. The panorama of the high Himlayan peaks including the Swargarohini and Bandarpooch is a completely a blissful experience. Indulge in various water activities in Yamuna River. Here the emphasis would be on getting to the various facets of a river like rafting on Ganga, river crossing, kayaking, body surfing, etc. By the end of the day you are sure to realize that what you see on National Geographic of people negotiating a big white water rapid is as much science as it is a technical skill!
DAY 1: Dehradun airport / Railway station- Viraatkhai (1850m) ( Drive / 3 - 3.5 hrs)
DAY 2: Viraatkhai Chaurani - Viraatkhai( Trek / 4 - 5 hrs)
DAY 3: Viraatkhai Tiger Falls - Viraatkhai( Drive / 3 - 4 hrs & Trek / 2 - 3 hrs)
DAY 4: Viraatkhai Nag Tibba Base, Thath (Drive / 2. 5 hrs & Trek / 2 hrs)
DAY 5: Thath Nag TibbaTop ( 3022m) Thath ( Trek / 6 - 7 hrs )
DAY 6: Thath Pantwari(1450m) Yamuna Bridge Dehradun airport / railway station (Trek / 1 - 2 hrs) (Drive / 3.5 hrs)
Reach the Viraatkhai camp by lunch and get set to enter a world of adventure. Post check in, you meet your trip leader and instructors for the trip. We waste no time and get straight into the nuances of valley crossing and rappelling. The topography is perfect for beginners and with our team of experts, you know you are in safe hands. This may seem slightly difficult, but once you get the hang of it (and we will make sure that you do), this is something you might find yourself doing often on other holidays. Enjoy the day, before settling around the bonfire towards the night. The evening ends in stories of the many hits and misses while rock climbing, but all of them end in an ‘experience of a lifetime.
This trip is all about connecting with the outdoors! Orienteering, hike to Chaurani and nature walk with picnic lunch. From the camp we start the trek to Chaurani, the trail goes through a small place called Viraatkhai, towards the north you can view soaring Himalayan ranges like Black peak, and Swargarohini. Viraatkhai is a small market place for local people with many tea stalls. From Viraatkhai after viewing the magnificent views we walk for another 1 km on the Mussoorie Chakrata trail. The trail continues through oak and rhododendron forest. Here is an opportunity to spot Babbler, Blue Whistling thrush, Magpie Robbin, Tree pie, Woodpecker, etc. From here the hike is a gradual uphill. In about 15 – 20 mins, we reach the second ridge, where we stop for a short break. From here, you can see the Jaunsar region. There are several houses called Channi here which is used as a shelter for cattle’s. Further on, the trail weaves through rich forest of Deodar and Blue pine. After walking for 45 mins you reach Chaurani. Chaurani is a ridge. Witness the Great Himalayan ranges towards the north and down south Doon Valley. Over here we have a fun filled picnic lunch. After having lunch, you can choose to walk down or drive down to the lodge.
Today we drive to Chakrata town (25 kms) and hike down to see the famous Tiger Falls. The hike is mostly downhill and fairly easy and you will be surprised how much the kids will enjoy it. En route, your guide tells you all about local life in the hills; the tribal’s of the region and help explore the fauna on the way. This region is home to the Jaunsar-Bawar tribes. If someone does not want to hike, the falls are also accessible by a car with only a short walk of 30 mins.
The day starts at Pantwari village, which lies in the upper fringes of Mussoorie, a 2 hour drive from the lodge. This is the base point for the Nagtibba trek. Our trip leader, an experienced outdoor professional meets you here to take you through some orientation about the region and what to expect over the next few days.The climb to Nagtibba base is mild enough for kids to enjoy as well and lasts only 2 hrs at an easy pace. If you would like to have a backup, we could arrange for a horse to accompany us and anyone could take a horse ride whenever they are too tired to walk. However, we don’t reach the peak, but a base below that. Between this, the expert also tells you more about this history associated with this region, about the locals in the villages and the local flora that you see along the way. With stories from the hills, you hardly notice the distance to the campsite, in the middle of a large lush green meadow. The day ends around the bonfire. Overnight in tents.
After enjoying the views of a misty hill morning, we climb to the top of the Nagtibba peak. Today, our expert gives you tips on using the compass and other ways of navigating on a trek – a skill that will go a long way in future. Post the lunch, we walk back to the campsite. En route, our naturalist tells you more about the flora and fauna, pointing out the change from the lower regions to the higher parts of the mountains. Back at the campsite, the recreation team will have games organised for children – with the crisp mountain air, you will be surprised at the stamina for participating despite the trek in the morning. We settle into the camps at night, the tents lit up by the bonfire. Overnight in tents.
Today we trek to the beautiful Pantwari village and drive to reach Yamuna Bridge. Here we indulge in exciting activities like swimming through a small rapid, rafting, river crossing, duckie rides, bridge slithering, body surfing, stream walks, etc. After spending time here you will depart to your onward destination.
- Day 1: Overnight stay in lodge.(Viraatkhai)
- Day 2: Overnight stay in lodge.(Viraatkhai)
- Day 3: Overnight stay in lodge.(Viraatkhai)
- Day 4: Overnight stay in tents.( Lower Kathyan)
- Day 5: Overnight in tents (Lower Kathyan)
High quality Camping arrangements
- 3/4 season imported alpine tents
- Fresh and clean Sleeping bags of very good quality
- Comfortable camping mattresses
- Mess Tent
- Camping stools & tables
- There will be 2 toilet tents [separate for gents and ladies] having portable toilet seats
- Day 1: Lunch, Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 3: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 5: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 6: Breakfast
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Professional Guide (s) to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek. All our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
- Transport as per the itinerary will be provided. We provide transfers to get you to the starting point and back as comfortably and in as less time as possible for you to enjoy the trip. Your transport costs are inclusive of all fuel charges, driver charges, state taxes, tolls and permits and are planned as per the itinerary of the trip.
- All Adventure Activities as mentioned in the itinerary would be supported by our experienced team of Instructors using State-of-the-art equipment. This ensures safety for any activity and is the lynchpin of the trip.
- An Experienced Trip Leader would accompany you on the trip. These leaders have many years of experience in leading family groups and are usually people with an intimate knowledge of the mountains. They are also experienced instructors on one adventure sport or the other and are sure to keep you charged with many interesting stories.
- A number of Activity Experts would be joining the team as and when required. These people are domain experts in various fields like water activities, rope sports, mountaineering, etc. and are the flavour of this trip. They bring an intimate knowledge of each aspect of the trip and go beyond just getting you to do an activity and rather give you a deep insight of the whys and whats of the activities by sharing their knowledge. Guests, especially kids, tend to become best friends with these experts and end up picking up essential life skills that aid them in moving into the outdoors.
- Porter / Mule Charges for carrying camping equipment & rations
- Fees / Entry Charges: Forest entry charges, permits & Camping fee (if any)
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Any meals / services not mentioned above
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- 5% GST
Rs. 82,900Departure Dates
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as an Approved Adventure Tour Operator