- Duration 6 Days
- Altitute 1869m
- Stay Rooms/Tents
- Difficulty Easy
An ethereal hill station, Ranikhet is perched in the Almora district of Uttarakhand at an altitude of 1829m with an expansive area of 21.76 sq km.
Queen Padmani fell in love with this beautiful place, seeing this King Sudhardev built a palace here and called it Ranikhet, queens meadow. Later on, the Britishers rediscovered it in the year 1869. Now, it is a cantonment town and base of Kamaon regiment. The aura is sure to sweep you off to the British era.
The verdant beauty of Ranikhet is beyond words. Amidst rich delicate plant life and forest, experience the breath of freshness. For all bird watchers it is heaven as birds like Vulture, Magpie, Treepie, Wagtail and Himalayan Myna can be spotted. Many migratory birds can be seen here as it is a migratory field for many of them. Exquisite views of the Himalayas, rich flora and fauna, all add to the beauty of this hill station. A perfect place to rejuvenate in the lap of nature, the mesmerizing views makes it an idyllic holiday spot.
Corbett is the oldest and the most prestigious wild life sanctuary, most sought destination for all nature and wildlife lovers. The rich flora and fauna is very pleasing to the eyes. It is home to 580 bird species, 50 species of mammals, and 25 species of reptiles.
From Kathgodam it will take about 2- 3 hrs to reach our Ranikhet lodge. Spend the day hiking around the lodge and witnessing exquisite surroundings with nature walk amidst rich forest. Here is an opportunity to spot many endangered species of birds, a complete delight for all bird watchers.
Today the day is reserved for rope activities and a trek to Chamu temple. We waste no time and get straight into it. The topography is perfect for beginners and with our team of experts, you know you are in safe hands. This may seem slightly difficult, but once you get the hang of it (and we will make sure that you do), this is something you might find yourself doing often on other holidays. In the evening we trek to Chamu temple which is the local deity for the people around here. People here sacrifice animal to Chamu God. The walk starts from the lodge itself, the trail goes through the pine forest. Entire walk is uphill with few sections of gradual and flattish walk. From the summit you can see fascinating views of Almora, Mukhteshwar and Great Himalayan peak. We start trekking back to return and take a route towards a small village, where we can gain enlightenment of the local culture. From the village the walk is downhill through oak and rhododendron forest. Overnight in lodge.
Today we spend time cycling in Ranikhet feeling the crisp mountain air. To learn more about Ranikhet we visit the Kumaon Regimental Museum, it exhibits the life of Kumaonand Garhwal regiment. It focuses their sacrifices during the war. Chaubatia garden is popularly known for orchards laden with fruits such as apricots, apples etc. Then we visit one of the highest golf courses of Asia, Ranikhet Golf Course. After this, Overnight in lodge.
Head out to the most exciting trip to Corbett National park, widely known for its Project Tiger Reserve. It is India’s oldest National Park. It is a complete amalgamation of hills, rivers, grasslands, wildlife and fauna. Home to nearly 650 birds, 50 species of mammals, 25 reptile species and 110 species of trees, it is a quintessential natural spectrum. After arrival we the visit the wildlife museum and indulge in elephant safari. A short hike can be taken amidst this fascinating natural reserve witnessing extraordinary views. Spend the night in hotel.
Today we wake up amidst the beautiful surroundings. After breakfast we head out for Jeep Safari in Corbett National Park. Here is an opportunity to spot Wild Boar, Spotted Deer, Wild Elephants, Monkeys, Barking Deer, Sambar Deer, Golden Jackal etc. If you are fortunate, you might spot Royal Bengal Tiger. In the evening we head for bird watchimg where you can witness many migratory birds and native species, a complete delight for all bird lovers. Some of the native species you witness are Hornbill, Blue Magpie, Wood pecker, Blue Whistling Thrust, Egyptian Vulture, etc. Also, you will witness Cormoronts and Kingfishers which are the migratory birds. Retire in Hotel.
Depart to your onward destination, taking perpetual memories with you.
- Day 1: Overnight stay in lodge.(Ranikhet)
- Day 2: Overnight stay in lodge.(Ranikhet)
- Day 3: Overnight stay in lodge.(Ranikhet)
- Day 4: Overnight stay in hotel/resort. (Corbett)
- Day 5: Overnight stay in hotel/resort. (Corbett)
- Day 1: Lunch, Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 3: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 5: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 6: Breakfast
- All Adventure Activities as mentioned in the itinerary would be supported by our experienced team of Instructors using State-of-the-art equipment. This ensures safety for any activity and is the lynchpin of the trip.
- Transport as per the itinerary will be provided. We provide transfers to get you to the starting point and back as comfortably and in as less time as possible for you to enjoy the trip. Your transport costs are inclusive of all fuel charges, driver charges, state taxes, tolls and permits and are planned as per the itinerary of the trip.
- An Experienced Trip Leader would accompany you on the trip. These leaders have many years of experience in leading family groups and are usually people with an intimate knowledge of the mountains. They are also experienced instructors on one adventure sport or the other and are sure to keep you charged with many interesting stories.
- A Number of Activity Experts would be joining the team as and when required. These people are domain experts in various fields like water activities, rope sports, wildlife, birds, mountaineering, etc. and are the flavour of this trip. They bring an intimate knowledge of each aspect of the trip and go beyond just getting you to do an activity and rather give you a deep insight of the whys and whats of the activities by sharing their knowledge. Guests, especially kids, tend to become best friends with these experts and end up picking up essential life skills that aid them in moving into the outdoors.
- Forest entry charges (if Any)
- Basic first aid for the group.
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Any meals / services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- 5% GST
Rs. 87,100Departure Dates
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as an Approved Adventure Tour Operator