- Duration 7 days
- Altitute 1780m
- Stay Rooms/Tents
- Difficulty Easy
One of the 100 green destinations on the planet, and a world heritage site, as recognized by UNESCO; with a rich ecosystem, Yuksom is a perfect place to bring your family for a break from their city lives. Visiting west Sikkim with your family and kids will help the little ones to understand the real meaning of existence, as till now they were working on need to know basis. Kids will have an authentic experience of a lifetime, staying around the eternal nature. Here you get a chance for various sightseeing options like the Coronation Throne, and the famous Dubdi Monastery. In Khechuperi Lake, you will witness mesmerizing views. It is the best place for off-sites, as the atmosphere of the place creates a good bonding among the team members and builds a comfort zone among them. Trip to Ravangla is filled with exquisite views of Mount Kachenjunga. Being a popular tourist attraction with the essence of rich flora and fauna, time spent here is worth it. By the time this trip comes to an end you sense a certain kind of joy within yourself and the people who accompanied you on this trip. Kids become more aware, empathetic and fearless of their surroundings. People break that ice by getting out of their comfort zones, their house and reach out to make elated moments of adventure and outdoors.
DAY 1: Bagdogra / NJP - Yuksom( 1780m) ( Drive / 170km / 6 hrs)
DAY 2: Around Yuksom
DAY 3: Yuksom - Khechuperi Lake ( 1700m) (Drive/1.5 - 2 hrs & Hike/ 1 - 2 hrs)
DAY 4: Khechuperi Pelling (2150m) Ravangla (2133m) ( Drive / 3 - 4 hrs)
DAY 5: Ravangla Gangtok (1600m) (Drive / 3 - 4 hrs)
DAY 6: Gangtok NathulaPass (4310m) / Tsomgo Lake (3780m) Baba Mandir Gangtok
DAY 7: Gangtok Bagdogra / NJP ( Drive / 123km / 6 hrs)
You arrive at Yuksom and check-in the hotel, followed by an orientation session and a brief for the next day with the GIO team. Have your lunch and spend evening embracing the beautiful environs of Yuksom. Overnight in hotel / guesthouse.
Take a break from conventional breakfast, go pick some fresh veggies from the kitchen garden; we get it cooked for you. A delightful organic meal and you are all set to visit the still town of Yuksom. Starting from a small holy lake which is overflowing with fishes, as no fishing is allowed here! You further visit the Coronation Throne, where the first king of Sikkim, then a separate country, was crowned following a holy ceremony. As you proceed towards the upper village, you reach a few gigantic boulders. You can climb up and sit at the rock to get the panoramic views of the transcendent valleys that dissolve into the horizon. An option of Abseiling and bouldering is also available if you like to make things adventurous. Evening spent in leisure. Head for an adventurous journey, to the ancient monastery sitting atop a small hill, surrounded by endless forest of pine trees. Meditate here for a while and follow the same trail that will further lead you to a beautiful waterfall rushing into a pool of clear waters. Capturing some rare moments at the falls, you move towards a traditional Lepcha Village called Tsong. Spend evening at leisure after driving to hotel/ guesthouse. Overnight in hotel / guesthouse.
This fine day you will go for a day hike to the holy lake of Khechuperi. Starting from your hotel in Yuksom, you climb down to the Rathong River, crossing a small Lepcha village. Here you cross the river and hike up to Leythang, a spot where you will experience wonder of nature, a singing stone, which rings like a bell if struck by another stone. Moving further, you come across a few more villages, a hanging bridge and a few more streams before arriving at the magnificent Lake. Filled with mysterious fishes and water animals, Khechuperi marks as an important feature for the local communities. Spend some time at the holy lake before heading towards a beautiful homestay, where you will spend the night. One can try the local wine made out of millet, in a traditional tumbler, called Tumba. A mild brew, just enough to take away fatigue of the day. Overnight in homestay.
Today, we head to Ravangla which is a very scenic drive. Pelling is a beautiful town in the foothills of Mount Kachenjunga, drive takes you through this beautiful town. With magnificent Kachenjunga accompanying you in Ravangla, it is a perfect place for rejuvenation. It is a popular tourist attraction due to its rich flora and fauna, picturesque views, culture and ancient monasteries. In Ravangla we spend time sightseeing trip to Buddha Park and Temi Tea garden. Overnight in hotel/ guesthouse.
Post breakfast we drive to Gangtok. Drive takes about 3 hours for us to reach. Gangtok is a complete wonderland with exquisite surroundings. Overnight in hotel/ guesthouse.
After breakfast, head to the Tsomgo Lake which is perched at an altitude of 3780m. This lake is bestowed with scenic beauty a pure joy to visit. We then head to Baba Mandir which is a holy shrine of Baba Harbhajhan Singh a soldier of Indian army. From here we drive back to Gangtok. Overnight in hotel/ guesthouse.
Post breakfast we drive to Bagdogra.
- Day 1: Overnight stay in hotel / guesthouse (Yuksom)
- Day 2: Overnight stay in hotel / guesthouse (Yuksom)
- Day 3: Overnight stay in homestay (Khechuperi)
- Day 4: Overnight stay in hotel/ guesthouse (Ravangla)
- Day 5: Overnight in hotel/ guesthouse ( Gangtok )
- Day 6: Overnight in hotel/ guesthouse ( Gangtok)
- Day 1: Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 5: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7: Breakfast
- Professional Guide(s) to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek. All our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
- Transport as per the itinerary will be provided. We provide transfers to get you to the starting point and back as comfortably and in as less time as possible for you to enjoy the trip. Your transport costs are inclusive of all fuel charges, driver charges, state taxes, tolls and permits and are planned as per the itinerary of the trip.
- All Adventure Activities As Mentioned in the itinerary would be supported by our experienced team of Instructors using State-of-the-art equipment. This ensures safety for any activity and is the lynchpin of the trip.
- An Experienced Trip Leader would accompany you on the trip. These leaders have many years of experience in leading family groups and are usually people with an intimate knowledge of the mountains. They are also experienced instructors on one adventure sport or the other and are sure to keep you charged with many interesting stories.
- A Number of Activity Experts would be joining the team as and when required. These people are domain experts in various fields like water activities, rope sports, wildlife, birds, mountaineering, etc. and are the flavour of this trip. They bring an intimate knowledge of each aspect of the trip and go beyond just getting you to do an activity and rather give you a deep insight of the whys and whats of the activities by sharing their knowledge. Guests, especially kids, tend to become best friends with these experts and end up picking up essential life skills that aid them in moving into the outdoors.
- Forest entry charges (if Any)
- Basic first aid for the group.
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Any meals / services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- 5% GST
Rs. 95,700Departure Dates
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as an Approved Adventure Tour Operator