- Duration 6 Days
- Altitute 2100m
- Stay Rooms/Tents
- Difficulty Moderate
Nagthath Campsite is a new feather to our cap as we get to you a splendid camping location near Chakrata. Passing through lush green landscape of step farms & amongst the stark mountains of Viraatkhai, one can trek till Nagthath campsite. Flowers galore and a view of the valley that could only be described as breath taking. The trek passes through the brilliant rhododendron forest and the entire trail lined with daisies is simply a pleasing sight for outdoor lovers. With breath taking 360 degree views the trail ends amidst wheat and potato fields. The sun streaking through the stalks will be a sight to behold, with flecks of gold shining through. The beauty of this short trek is enough to get you going for your next step that is the camping experience.
One can reach Nagthat in two and a half hours trek, just before sundown to experience hues of orange behind the mountains. The camp is a sight for the eyes on a series of grassy step farms with small tents and benches. Apple trees amidst the towering pines will make for a picture perfect memory.
Wake up to a wide variety of tweets with birds chirping all around & this is just the beginning of being in the absolute outdoors. For those families who like to test their mettle can cycle up the mountain via bicycles that can be arranged by us. Towards afternoon one can head on a cultural visit to the beautiful Mahasudevta temple, a complete visual and architectural delight built of only deodar wood. In the evening on returning to the campsite enjoy a crackling bonfire with a healthy meal.
Apart from the sheer joy of camping in this beautiful location, there is little something of each individual likes here. Whether you are with family, friends, or in a group of complete strangers, here you will return with a common connect that of the love for outdoors!!
Day 1: Dehradun Airport Viraatkhai (Chakrata) (Drive/ 3 hrs) Nagthath Campsite (Trek 2 hrs)
Day 2: Nagthath Mahasudevta Temple (Drive/ 40 mins) Nagthath(Trek/ 2 hrs)
Day 3: Nagthath Viraatkhai Chakrata (Drive/1 hr) - Deoban Trek (Trek/ 3 -4 hrs)
Day 4: Viraatkhai Chakrata (Drive/1 hr) - Deoban Trek (Trek/ 3 -4 hrs)
Day 5: Deoban Kanasar Trek (Trek/ 3.5 4hrs) Viraatkhai (Drive/ 2 hrs)
Day 6 Viraatkhai Yamuna Bridge Viraatkhai (Drive/ 3 hrs)
Day 7: Viraatkhai Dehradun Airport (Drive/ 3 hrs)
Pick up from Dehradun Airport & be driven to our lodge in Chakrata.Check in to the lodge & relax.Post lunch, we trek through a beautiful forest section & Himalayan panorama to reach Nagthath.The trek passes through the brilliant rhododendron forest with small step farms all along the way.The beauty of the campsite lies in the daisies growing all around, series of grassy step farms with small tents and benches just ideally placed for a family time in the outdoors.Towards evening we will collect woods & prepare a crackling bonfire.Bonfire at night & a fingerlicking home cooked food will be just enough to end your day on a relaxed note.
Wake up to the tweets of the little birds all around the campsite. The morning will bring you up close with the wilderness as the sun shines; watch the tiny creatures of the outdoors come alive with the kids leading the lady bugs while you sip a hot cup of tea.For those families interested in cycling, we can arrange for bicycles & you can go green the entire way. By noon, visit the Mahasudevta Temple, an architectural delight built only of Deodar wood & of several legends of the local deities.Towards evening we trek back to the campsite and indulge in stories & a hot cup of tea en route.On reaching the campsite, light up a crackling bonfire & relish a healthy meal.
Post breakfast pack your bags for yet another journey into the outdoors.Today we will drive to Chakrata & trek the famous Deoban forests.The trek to Deoban (2800 m) can be taken up either by trek or a ride upto the top of Deoban forests. The deoban forests are also known as “Gods own forest” & are celebrated for the raw beauty of nature. With Deodar trees all around, green grassy meadows of various shades with daisies popping all over the place the trek will be simply whimsical! Once you reach Deoban, you will be greeted by a clearing meadowa distinct varieties of birds for birding enthusiasts.Depending upon the availability you can either stay in the forest guesthouse or pitch your tent in the middle of the forest.Light up a bonfire & enjoy the peaceful suroundings of Deoban.
Post breakfast;explore the beautiful surroundings of Kanasar on your own.Today we will drive to Kanasar, a picturesque location near Chakrata.Driving past the green meadows one reaches Kanasar amidst old Deodar trees, wild strawberries. Here you can spend quality time to completely relax in the environs. This walk in the woods amidst the pleasant air will be truly rewarding. Far from the madding crowd you will take back a lot more than just the unique blend of flora & fauna.One can relish a picnic lunch amidst the beauty of this place.Post lunch we drive to the campsite & evening at leisure.Towards late in the evening indulge in a barbeque & bonfire time.
Post breakfast, gear up for an exciting day by river Yamuna.Today we will drive till Yamuna Bridge for a round of bridge slithering & duckie rides. Bridge slithering involves slithering down to the water at a drop of about 80 feet on the river. After which you can enjoy duckie rides on Yamuna (Small inflatable rafts). Post this relish a packed lunch & drive back to Viraatkhai& Rest & Relax. Towards late afternoon indulge in rope activities like tree jumarring, Valley traverse and commando net in the campsite itself. Bonfire & music in the evening.
Post breakfast, be driven to Dehradun Airport. Trip ends here
Post breakfast, be driven to Dehradun Airport.
- Day 1: Overnight in theTents.
- Day 2: Overnight in tents.
- Day 3: Overnight in a guesthouse/ Tents in Deoban.
- Day 4: Overnight in the lodge.
- Day 5: Overnight in the lodge.
- Day 1: Lunch, Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 3: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 5: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 6: Breakfast
- All adventure activities as mentioned in the itinerary would be supported by our experienced team of Instructors using State-of-the-art equipment. This ensures safety for any activity and is the lynchpin of the trip.
- An experienced Trip Leader for the trip who will be assisted by experienced guides and instructors. This team has many years of experience in leading family groups and are usually people with an intimate knowledge of the mountains. They are also experienced instructors on one adventure sport or the other and are sure to keep you charged with many interesting stories.
- A number of Activity Experts would be joining the team as and when required. These people are domain experts in various fields like water activities on Yamuna Bridge.
- Guests, especially kids, tend to become best friends with these experts and end up picking up essential life skills that aid them in moving into the outdoors.
- Forest entry charges (if Any)
- Basic first aid for the group.
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Any meals / services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- 5% GST
Rs. 78,000Departure Dates
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as an Approved Adventure Tour Operator